According to the new EVA market report, the vending industry was delivering sustained revenue growth is almost all European markets prior to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The newly published report by the European Vending & Coffee Service Association (EVA) provides the latest in-depth look into the European vending and Office Coffee Service (OCS) industry and reveals the current and latest trends.
Overall, the report – based on 2019 data – reinforces the positive trend seen over the last few years that the vending market as a whole has been growing steadily. Indeed, total annual revenue rose an impressive 3.4% to €17.2 billion, while the machine fieldbase (number of machines) has grown 1.1% to 4.16 million.
While solid growth is observed in 21 out of the 22 markets covered in the report we are very aware of the severe impact Covid-19 has brought to our industry since this Spring. For full context the new market report should therefore be read in conjunction with the EVA Covid-19 impact report.
The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic is responsible for a huge drop in sales, vends and turnover in 2020 and at a much higher scale than during the economic and financial crisis in 2008. Only in the 2021 EVA Market Report will we get the full picture of this crisis on the industry and identify where the new opportunities could be.
The newly published report however identifies longer term trends within vending & OCS – which should remain after the pandemic recovery – as well as providing for the first time this year more detail on payment systems, telemetry and beverage cups used in the industry.
Some selected facts revealed by this latest report include:
- In Europe, vending machines sell 99 million food and beverage items every day;
- Hot beverages now represent 80% of the total market in terms of the number of vends;
- There are around 185 Europeans per vending machine but this varies dramatically from 60 people/machine in the Netherlands to 1,850 in Turkey;
- Over 80% of European machines are located in the workplace;
- Ukraine has seen the largest market increase, with impressive fieldbase growth of 10.4% and a massive 28% growth in revenue within the last 5 years;
- Across European vending, paper cups are now (just) more common than plastic beverage cups, but significant individual market differences apply;
- Micromarkets have now been reported in 13 of the 22 markets covered, with Sweden and Russia leading the way.
This is the 8th edition of the much sought-after market report on the industry provided by the EVA, consisting of a European summary with an overview of 22 countries, as well as separate more detailed individual country market reports.
The EVA Members have free and full access to both the European Summary and the individual country profiles, and can request them directly via the EVA secretariat.
Anyone interested in purchasing or acquiring the report should contact us here
Mehr Infos zu ####post_title#### unter: https://www.vending-europe.eu/eva-report-vending-market-growth-to-be-offset-by-covid-19-impact/
Weitere Infos zu Kaffeeautomaten, Getränkeautomaten, Snackautomaten, Warenautomaten und Vendingautomaten unter https://www.dhuenn.com – Automaten Köln